Friday 6 April 2012

Turning 40!

Yes this year, not only was I lucky enough to have a real birthday, you see I am a Leap Year baby, which apparently makes me a Leapling! I'm sure this is a new label, I can't ever remember being referred to as a Leapling before. I also turned 40, over the hill some say, but for me I like to think life begins at 40.

No, I did not have a special cake, you see I'm actually not a big fan of cake, surprisingly. For me its cheesecake every time. But of course, a lot of my friends have also turned 40 this year, so I thought I would share some of the lovely 40th cupcakes I have done for family and friends.

These were done for my niece, and they were very personal toppers, all the things she loves.

Beautiful gerberas for a florist, who was in the same year as me at school.


This lady was enjoying an outdoor picnic for her 40th, so what better than picnic cupcakes!

These were for a man who enjoys a can or two of Stella and his laptop.

These were for my good friend who loves designer bags.

2 comments:

  1. It was my 40th on the 6th April and I did keep meaning to ask you to make up some cakes but I forgot! Must be old age creating in.....

    Jo teague

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes I saw that it was your birthday. I did wonder why I hadn't heard from you. Happy belated birthday wishes to you!

      How exciting though, you are my first comment on my blog, still finding my way around things at the moment.

      Delete